My husband surprised me with a little get-away to Sausalito last night. We stayed at the Inn Above Tide which is literally right on the San Francisco Bay. The view was stunning and I woke up the next morning, excited to head to Mill Valley to check out some furniture stores that I had been wanting to see.
I was specifically looking for unique pieces that could be incorporated into an eclectic home. The furniture and accessories obviously needed to be highly functional and beautiful. Organized Design!
Here’s what I found:
- Trays are a great way to make a collection look deliberate
- Nesting tables are always an efficient use of space. Pull out the smaller tables when you need more surface area.
- Who says dirty laundry can’t have style? This hamper was just cool.
- This stool has so much character. In a living room it could serve as extra seating or a unique side table next to a cozy chair.
- The stone bowls act as unique catch-alls. Such a conversation piece and will keep your keys & change contained.
- Rugs can define a space. If you have one room that needs to serve several functions, use a rug to say, this is the office!
- I love the idea of putting this carved wood piece next to a couch to hold a blanket, magazines or a collection of matchbooks.
- Put this (middle image) in a dining room as a buffet or in a beachy bedroom as a chest of drawers.
- I can totally see this chicken wire unit in a small bathroom- it could hold face towels, decorative soaps, and fun books. The hooks on the side are a bonus!
The stores that I visited were incredibly unique and complete eye candy. All the images above I took from Summer House Antiques, Summer House@57, and Ruby Living.
« Return to Inspire